Friday, September 28, 2012

Night of Nights

Tuesday night was the 2nd Annual Smelters Ball - Port Pirie's social event of the year. As luck would have it I scored an invite as my company had bought a table - I didn't disappoint, channelling my inner Leo from Titanic, wearing a tux with white bow-tie and slicking the hell out of my hair. I was a little upset at not winning best dressed but that stuff's all political anyway...

Me with Carlos the Brazillian
I also cut a savage rug on the D-floor and, as usually happens when I'm out with Toby, a dance-off was announced. My poor unsuspecting colleagues. Some of them can dance but when you're a seasoned veteran like me you know that it'll go 12-rounds with a guy like Toby and you have to be ready for anything and have all the cards up your sleeve; "Shopping cart", "reversing the car", "vogue-ing" and that's before you've pulled out the big ones like "Mr. Roboto"... I never really needed to get out of 2nd gear but at least that got to see what A-grade looks like.

An award I didn't win

 
Whilst Wednesday was technically a public holiday a group of us volunteered to work at the company stand at the Smelter's picnic/fete. Never before have I felt so enraged by a lack of manners from children, as one by one they came up and demanded: "give me a blue one!". It wasn't long before my father's voice came out of my mouth to say: "sure, as long as you can say thank you?"... The rest of the day was spent on the couch catching up on some Breaking Bad.


Better coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment