Sunday, September 30, 2012

I was there man

Yesterday morning I got up early to hit the road but the weather had different ideas. Rain and heavy wind meant that the windtrainer was the only option but it did give me the chance to do something that I haven't done in ages; watch Rage.

Not that I like all the music that's played on there but I feel that it's the final frontier for music videos. All the others seem to have fallen to the wayside and/or have more and more moronic presenters desperate to try and stay "on trend". Anyway one of the videos brought back fond memories of dance floor tear-ups (of which I've been doing a bit of lately). In particular famous "dance-offs" I've had with my very good friend Toby Lawrence. Toby and I have known each other since 1st year uni and whilst neither of us could pinpoint where/how it started, we've been regularly pitting our moves against each other. There's no real orginaisation to it, it's fairly organic and it might just be the right combination of music, booze, temperature and a simple look at each other to say "it's on". We can never agree on who "won" but we can agree that everyone who was there saw something really special and will most likely tell their grandkids about it.

If you've never had the pleasure of witnessing a Toby vs. Jear dance-off this is pretty much what it's like (well in our minds anyway(even down to the outfits)).


Coincidently this is something Chrissy sent me today as is probably more accurate (even down to the outfits).

No comments:

Post a Comment